NMIMS NPAT 2021 Notification and Dates
NMIMS NPAT (NMIMS Programs After 12th) is that the official entrance examination for admissions to Undergraduate Degree and Integrated Degree Programs in Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies or the NMIMS University.
Latest: NMIMS NPAT 2021 Application Forms are available from December 2nd week, 2020 – April last week, 2021
- NMIMS NPAT 2021 will be conducted on May 2nd week, 2021 through computer-based mode.
- The basic eligibility criterion is that applicants have to be below 25 years of age at the time of admission.
- Applicants must also have 10th/ 12th marks to be eligible to apply. Check NMIMS NPAT Eligibility Criteria
- NMIMS NPAT Exam Pattern is different for Engineering and Non-Engineering programs.
- Applicants are offered admission into management and engineering courses offered by constituent schools of NMIMS at Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru, Indore, and Navi Mumbai Campuses. Check Participating Colleges
Also See: UPSEE 2021 Entrance Exam
Undergraduate Degree Programs:
- B.Tech, BBA, BBA Branding & Advertisement, B.Com (Hons.), B.Sc. Finance, B.Sc. Economics, B.Des. (Humanising Technology), and B.A. (Hons.) Liberal Arts
Integrated Degree Programs:
- MBA Tech (B.Tech + MBA Tech.) and B.Pharm + MBA (Pharma. Tech)
- Download NMIMS NPAT Sample Papers
Eligibility for NMIMS NPAT 2021
The eligibility criterion for admission into NMIMS through NMIMS NPAT 2021 is given below:
- Applicants need to have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam with English as a compulsory subject and secure at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics together.
- Applicants appearing in the 12th standard examination are also eligible.
- Diplomas in engineering passing applicants are also fit to apply for NMIMS NPAT 2021.
- The age of any applicant should not be more than 25 years in the year of the exam.
There are also different criteria for different courses:
For B.Tech and MBA (Tech):
- Applicants need to have passed Class XII or equivalent exam with Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (IB certificate/ DP awarded is not eligible) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The contestant with IB Diploma is eligible only if he/she has offered Mathematics at a higher level.
- They should have a score of a minimum of 50% in PCM in class 12 or equivalent for admittance to the Mumbai campus.
- Applicants are required to score a minimum of 45% in PCM in class 12 or equivalent for getting into the Shirpur campus.
- Applicants who have passed the Diploma in Engineering with a minimum of 50% are also eligible to apply for NMIMS NPAT 2021.
- Applicants passing 10+2 or equivalent exam from Open or Distance Learning (ODL) School documented only by National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) can apply for the program Subject to fulfilling the suitability of the program.
- Applicants appearing for the class 12th examination in 2021 can also apply for NMIMS NPAT 2021.
For MBA Pharma Tech (B. Pharm + MBA):
- Applicant must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam plus Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a required subject.
- Applicant must have scored at least 50% marks in PCM/PCB to be eligible to apply for NMIMS NPAT 2021.
For B.Sc. Economics:
- A contender must have passed the higher secondary or equivalent exam with a minimum of 60% marks in the first attempt including the Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in any stream.
- They are required to have Mathematics as a subject in the Class XII examination.
For B.Sc. Finance / B.Com (Hons.) / B.B.A:
- An applicant must have passed the 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the first attempt including the Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
- Applicants must have passed Mathematics / Statistics subject in HSC or equivalent to be eligible to apply for NMIMS NPAT 2021.
Applicant must check NMIMS NPAT Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam.
Also See: NEET 2021 Notification
NMIMS NPAT 2021 Application Form
Applicants can apply for NMIMS NPAT 2021 in online mode only. No offline application form is there. The thorough step by step procedure for applying for NMIMS NPAT 2021 is written below :
- Scholars can fill NMIMS NPAT 2021 Application Form via online mode only.
- First, go to the official NMIMS NPAT website.
- The official website for NMIMS NPAT examination maintained by NMIMS University is https://www.nmims.edu/
- Click on the ‘Register’ button in the upper part of the homepage.
- Enter your name, Date of birth, and other specifics asked by the page.
- After filling in the appropriate information, click on ‘Register’.
- An ID and Password are sent to your mailbox, obtain them from there.
- When successfully registered, you can proceed to further stages.
Filling the application form :
- Log in using the ID and Password produced in the registering process.
- Once signed in, you have to fill in other individual facts like Guardian’s name, Mother’s Name, Gender, etc.
- Then, type your educational qualification details, about the senior secondary examination primarily.
- Enter your permanent address and other contact info; this will be used for communication purposes.
- Carefully check the information you filled in.
Uploading the documents :
- After you have filled in all the details requested in the earlier steps, you have to upload the essential documents.
- Upload your fresh passport size colored photograph and signature.
- The scanned images should be in the format recommended on the NMIMS NPAT website.
- Click on ‘Save and Continue’ to save your application form and move to the subsequent step.
- Applicants can edit their form at this time if needed. Once the fee is paid, no correction is permissible on the application form.
Payment of fees :
- Aspirants have an option of multiple choice of the program (School wise). The application fee is given below :
NMIMS NPAT 2021 Admit Card:
Applicants are advised to download their admit cards from the official website of the NMIMS NPAT 2021 exam. Students have to fill in their ID and password to download the Admit Card. The authority doesn’t send any call letters to applicants through post or any other physical means. NMIMS NPAT 2021 Admit Card is available to download one week before the exam. It is available from the second week of May.
Steps to download NMIMS NPAT 2021 admit card :
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the ‘Login’ link.
- Enter your ID and Password.
- Your Admit Card will be produced and displayed on your computer screen.
- Save it on your system.
- Take its print out on an A4 size sheet. Several copies can be saved for future reference.
NMIMS NPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
NMIMS NPAT Exam Patter is different Engineering and Non-Engineering Programs.
For Non-Engineering Programs :
Paper I Pattern :
NMIMS NPAT exam is conducted every year for admission into NMIMS institutes. It is conducted only in online mode. There are only multiple-choice questions in the exam. No special type of questions is there.
- A total of 120 questions makes up the paper I.
- NMIMS NPAT Exam Pattern is divided into three sections.
- They are- Quantitative and Numerical Ability, Reasoning & General Intelligence, and Proficiency in the English Language.
- There are 40 questions in each section.
- The medium of the NMIMS NPAT paper is English.
Paper-II Pattern :
There is a Paper-II for applicants taking admission into B.Design. The info is given below :
- It has three sections- Spatial Ability and Visualization Skills, Observation & Problem Solving, and General Awareness & Design Sensibility.
- There is a total of 60 questions, each section contains 20 problems.
- 90 Minutes are given to solve the paper.
NMIMS NPAT 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for Paper I :
- English Language: Perceiving linguistic structure and use, utilizing relational words, determiners, connectives, tenses fittingly, getting a handle on the importance of underlined words in sentences, utilizing suitable words in the given setting. Placing thoughts into a legitimate grouping by placing muddled sentences in the right request, Locating Information, getting a handle on thoughts, distinguishing connections, deciphering thoughts, mindsets, attributes of characters, and tone of the section.
- Quantitative and Numerical ability: Fractions, Surds, and Decimals, Number Series, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Discount, Compound Interest & Annuities, Ratio & Proportions, Time, Work & Distance, 2 D & 3D Figures- Areas & Volumes, basic Algebraic Identities, Equations – Linear & Quadratic Sequence and Series (AP, GP). Sets, Operation on Sets and their Applications, using Venn Diagrams, functions, mean, mode, and median, Measures of Dispersion.
- Reasoning and General Intelligence: Decision Making, Problem Solving, Derive conclusions from logical premises or assess the validity of arguments based on the statement of facts, judge, if the information is given, is sufficient to answer the question or some additional information is required, Venn Diagram (Identify the class-sub class relationship among given group of items and illustrate it diagrammatically) Mathematical Equalities. Be able to use the information given in graphs and charts to answer questions.
Syllabus for Paper-II :
- Spatial ability and Visualization: Sub-construct, Gestalt Principles of Perception – Proximity, Similarity, Continuation and Closure, Huxley-Lester Model: Sight and thought perception, Cognitive Perception involves a myriad of mental processes: interpretation, memory, comparison, salience, association, inventory, analysis and recognition, Principles of Design: Balance, Proportion, Rhythm, Contrast, Pattern, Movement, Emphasis, and Unity.
- Observation and problem solving: Sub-construct, Ability to detect complexity/problems related to ease-of-use of modern/day-to-day devices, Ability to understand spatial relations among 2D and 3D objects, Creative Problem-Solving Techniques (Preparation, Incubation, Illumination, and Verification). Knowledge of the spatial composition, lighting, Golden Ratio, Rule of Thirds, Balance, Colour preference (Hue, Saturation, Lightness).
- General awareness and design: Design for Environment to achieve sustainability- Green Design, Process changes and Product changes( focus on intangible products), Designing for social and cultural sustainability- Inclusive Design, Principles of Inclusive design: Responsive, Flexible, Convenient, Accommodating, Welcoming and Realistic, Culture expressed in visual images. Art Movements/Periods- Basic Info, Renowned Historical Artists, and their paintings. Read MoreNMIMS NPAT Syllabus
NMIMS NPAT 2021 Result :
The result for NMIMS NPAT 2021 conducted on May 9 and 10, 2021 will be announced by NMIMS on June 3, 2021.
- The results are published on the official NMIMS NPAT website.
- Applicants can check their result by signing into the website using their NMIMS NPAT ID and password.
- Three merit lists are made based on the scores obtained by the applicants.
- Applicants are called for counseling once their name appears in the merit list prepared by the University.
- They have to ensure their admission by paying the admission fee.
Cut off for NMIMS NPAT 2021 :
There is no official cut off announced by NMIMS for the NMIMS NPAT exam. Merit lists are prepared on basis of marks obtained by applicants. They have to choose the preferred campus and program. They are allotted the program according to their number on the merit list. No information regarding cut off marks to a particular institute is given.
Also See: CMAT 2021 Notification
NMIMS NPAT 2021 Counselling
After the results are available, merit lists for students are prepared. NMIMS NPAT 2021 Counselling and seat allocation of all the qualified applicants are scheduled from Mid-June 2021 to the end of June 2021 according to the merit list. Applicants are required to pay the admission fee to confirm their allotted seats. The seat once allotted to the students can not be changed or adjusted under any circumstances.
- After the first round, if there are any vacant seats, a fresh merit list is made.
- These applicants are called for seat allotment.
- Usually, there are three rounds in NMIMS NPAT counseling.
- The counseling takes place at designated centers set up by NMIMS.
- Applicants are advised to check the website regularly if their name appears in any of the three merit lists, so they can report to the center on time to confirm their seat allotment.
This methodology is adopted for all the rounds. The counseling goes on until all the seats get filled.