Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2021 Notification
Common Management Admission Test 2021 (CMAT 2021) will be held on February 22nd and 27th, 2021, by the NTA. With the current situation going on this time, CMAT will be conducted on two days in two shifts. CMAT is required to get admission in AICTE approved institutes and affiliated colleges for admission in Post Graduate Management Programs for the academic year 2021-2022.
Registration for the applicants is available from 23rd December 2020 to 22nd January 2021. The applicants can check CMAT 2021 Eligibility, Exam Dates, and Exam Pattern & Syllabus from the page below.
About CMAT 2021
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is responsible for organizing the CMAT exam every year, and have ensured that the management students are eligible for admission all across the country. The participating institutes of CMAT were the institutions that had accepted the CMAT Score.
- The CMAT 2021 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) in two shifts and two days with the same pattern as per the Year 2020 i.e., Computer Based Test which is conducted on February 22nd and 27th, 2021, from 09:00, am to 12:00, pm and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm to evaluate the applicant’s ability across various segments required.
- The Duration of the test is three hours.
- This test facilitates Institutions to select suitable graduate applicants for admission to various management programs across the country.
- The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE Approved Institutions/ University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
Also See: UPSEE 2021 Entrance Exam
CMAT 2021 Important Dates
- CMAT 2021 Registration Starts from 23rd December 2020.
- Last Date of Submission of Application: January 22nd, 2021.
- Successful Transaction of Fee: January 23rd, 2021.
- Choice of City: January 25th to January 30th, 2021 (up to 11:50 p.m.).
- Common Management Admission Test 2021 Exam Date: 22nd and 27th February 2021.
- Timing of the Exam: 09:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m and 03:00 p.m to 06:00 p.m.
- Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys: March 2021.
- Declaration of Result By to be announced.
Eligibility Criteria for CMAT 2021 Exam
The applicants shall have to satisfy all the eligible conditions to apply for the examination. The CMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria are illustrated here.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant should complete Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. (or) Applicants appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for the academic year 2021-22 can also apply for CMAT-2021 computer-based test.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in CMAT-2021.
- For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. In the case of institutes run by Central Govt.,10% of the seats are reserved for Category General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS), 15% of the seats are reserved for the category SC, 7.5% for the category ST & 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the “ Non Creamy layer” (OBC-NCL).
- Each category will have 5% horizontal reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016).
- Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer (OBC–NCL) are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on NCBC, Govt. of India website.
- Thus, the applicants falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC Applicants who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General.
- The categories of disabilities are :
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness, and
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (i) to (iv)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ are mentioned in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
Also See: NEET 2021 Notification
CMAT 2021 Application Process – How to apply?
- Applicants have to apply for CMAT-2021 “Online” ONLY by accessing the website chat.nta.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case.
- Only one application is to be submitted by an applicant. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by an applicant will be rejected.
- It is suggested that you have the following ready before starting the filling of the application form :
- A computer with good Internet connectivity
- All your qualification details
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb)
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb)
- A valid email Id as all communication will be made on this e-mail Id
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number
- A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account for ONLINE payment.
- A printer connected to your system to print the confirmation page
- No correction can be made at a later stage after the submission of an application. No change will be accepted through offline mode i.e. through fax/application including email etc.
Follow the following 5 (Five) Steps to Apply Online
- Step-1: Fill in the online Application Form and Note down the system generated Application Number
- Step-2: Upload scanned images of Applicant’s Passport size Photograph (between 10 kb–200 kb) and Applicant’s Signature (between 4kb – 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step-3: Make a payment of fee using Credit/Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, PAYTM, and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step-4: Print at least four printouts of the Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
- Step-5: Choose the city for giving the examination CMAT-2021
- The final submission of the online Application form will remain incomplete if Step – 2 Step–3, Step-4, and Step-5 are not completed. Such forms will be rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the applicant will be entertained
- Boys – Rs 1600/-
- Girls – Rs.1000/-
Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL) :
- Boys – Rs 1000/-
- Girls – Rs.1000/-
SC/ ST/ PwD :
- Boys – Rs 800/-
- Girls – Rs. 700/-
- Rs – 700/-
**Procedure for Payment of Fees and Service/ Processing Charges & Goods & Service Tax (GST) to be paid is given in Appendix-IV
CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- The medium of Question Paper is English only
- The question paper will have 4 Section
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation – 25 No. of Questions & 100 Marks
- Logical Reasoning – 25 No. of Questions & 100 Marks
- Language Comprehension – 25 No. of Questions & 100 Marks
- General Awareness – 25 No. of Questions & 100 Marks
- Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
- For each correct response, the applicant will get 04 (four) marks.
- For each incorrect response, 01 (one) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- To answer a question, the applicants need to choose one option corresponding to the correct option.
- However, after the process of challenges of the key, if more than one option is found to be correct then the multiple correct options will be given the four marks (+4).
- Any incorrect option marked will be given minus one mark (-1). Un-answered/Un-attempted will be given no marks. In case, the question is dropped/ignored, all applicants will be given four marks (+4) irrespective of the fact whether the question has been attempted or not attempted by the applicant.
- The result will be compiled based on the final answer keys. No grievance about answer key(s) after the declaration of the result of CMAT-2021 will be entertained. The raw (actual) marks obtained by an applicant will be considered further for computation of the result of CMAT-2021
- No scorecard will be dispatched to the applicants and the applicants are advised to download their scorecards from the website: chat.nta.nic.in only.
- There shall be no provision for re-valuation/rechecking of the Score. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) is an examination conducting body and will provide CMAT Score 2021
Also See: KCET 2021 Notification
CMAT 2021 Syllabus
- There is no prescribed syllabus for the CMAT exam preparation. Applicants should solve the mock test to understand the pattern of the exam & the type of questions. Questions will be asked from the topics of Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension & General Awareness.
CMAT 2021 Admit Card
- CMAT 2021 Admit Card to be released on its official website. No applicant will be allowed into the Exam Hall without having CMAT 2021 Admit Card along with them. Aspirants must have a Registration number and Password to check the CMAT Admit Card 2021 Online.
- All the applicants are advised to Download CMAT Hall Ticket 2021 as early as possible to avoid a last-minute Rush. Applicants can Download CMAT 2021 Call Letter 2021 from the website.