AAT 2021 Notifications and Dates
What is the AAT Exam?
- About: AAT full form is Architecture Aptitude Test. AAT is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted by IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur for admission into Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch] programme.
- Conducting Body: AAT 2021 will be conducted by IIT Roorkee which will be changed every year.
- Level: The AAT is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted once a year by IITs.
- Course Offered: Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch] programme will be offered for all the applicants who clear the AAT 2021 in IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur.
- Date & Mode: Architecture Aptitude Test [AAT] will be conducted offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) in June 2021 (Tentative).
AAT 2021 Summary :
|Exam Name||Architecture Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||IIT Roorkee|
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test [PBT]|
|Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity,|
|Three Dimensional Perception|
|Duration||3 hours i.e. 180 minutes|
AAT 2021 Exam Dates (Tentative) :
- Registration: The application form will be available on the official website from June 2021.
- Admit Card: The registered applicants will have to present their JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card at the Examination Centre. No separate Admit Card will be issued for the AAT 2021.
- Examination: AAT 2021 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) on June /July 2021.
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all category applicants based on qualified marks on June / July 2021.
- Counselling: Applicants who have cleared the AAT 2021 will be called for the counselling process which will be held in June/July 2021.
AAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria :
- JEE Advanced: Applicants who have cleared JEE Advanced will be allowed to appear for the AAT 2021.
- Education: Applicants must have passed a 12th standard examination or the applicants who are appearing for their final exam are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Applicants must be born on or after 1st October 1993 and for SC/ ST/ PwD applicants must be born on or after 1st October 1988.
- Reservation Criteria : The reservation criteria will be OBC – 27%, SC – 15%, ST – 7.5%, and Others – 50.5%.
AAT 2021 Application Form :
- Registration: The Application Form will be available on the official website.
- Registration Fee: The male applicants are required to pay the registration fee of INR 2600 and the female applicants must pay INR 1300 as a registration fee.
- Upload Documents: Applicants must upload the scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, and other documents.
The size of the photograph should be between 4 and 40 KB. The size of the signature should be between 1 and 30 KB.
AAT 2021 Application Process :
Application Process: Applicants have to follow the below steps to fill the Application Form :
- Registration through Aadhar Card: The use of Aadhaar by the applicants for JEE Advance 2021 will result in an accuracy of the applicants’ details.
- Fill Online Application Form : Applicants can fill the online Application Form by entering details such as Authentication, Examination, Personal, Academic, Contact, and Guardian.
- Verification of Mobile Number and Email : Once the applicant has entered all the above-mentioned details an OTP will be sent to the registered Mobile Number and Email for Authentication.
- Upload of Documents : Applicants must upload the scanned copy of the recently taken passport size photograph and signature.
- Payment of Registration Fee : The registration fee should be paid by the applicants by category wise through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI/ Cash Deposit (through e-challan at State Bank of India Branches only).
- Slot Booking : The Date, Time and Exam Centre can be chosen by the applicant on a first come first serve basis.
- Print the Final Confirmation Page : Download and take a printout of the final confirmation page of the Application Form.
AAT 2021 Exam Centres :
- Exam Centre : The AAT 2021 will be conducted in all the 7 IITs across India.
- Choice of Centre : The applicants may choose their choice of location for appearing in AAT 2021.
- Id Proof : Applicants must carry valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail.
- Note : Applicants failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card) with Hall Ticket/ Admit Card to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
|1||IIT Roorkee Zone|
|2||IIT Madras Zone|
|3||IIT Kharagpur Zone|
|4||IIT Kanpur Zone|
|5||IIT Guwahati Zone|
|6||IIT Delhi Zone|
|7||IIT Bombay Zone|
AAT 2021 Admit Card :
- Issue Date : The registered applicants will have to present their JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card at the Examination Centre. No separate Admit Card will be issued for the AAT 2021.
- Id Proof : Applicant must carry a government ID proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
- Discrepancy : In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the applicant or his/ her photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the applicant may immediately approach the conducting Authority.
- Note : The applicants are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
Also see – SBI PO 2021
AAT 2021 Syllabus :
- Syllabus : The syllabus will be based on a drawing which is decided by the conducting authority for conducting AAT
- Topics : The topics which are decided by the authority will be :
- Geometrical Drawing
- Freehand Drawing
- Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Architectural Awareness
- Three Dimensional Perception
- Preparation: The applicants can refer to the books which are prescribed by the conducting authority for the preparation of AAT 2021.
|Freehand Drawing||The freehand drawing consists of a simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its component parts in an appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.|
|Geometrical Drawing||Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, triangles, angles, quadrilaterals, circles, polygons, etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like cones, prisms, cylinders, splayed surface holders, cubes, etc.|
|Three-Dimensional Perception||Appreciation and understanding of 3-dimensional forms with building elements, color, volume, and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.|
|Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity||Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check through an innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. The sense of color grouping or application.|
|Architectural Awareness||General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.|
AAT 2021 Exam Pattern :
- Mode : The AAT 2021 will be conducted Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test [PBT].
- Questions : The question will be from 5 different topics based on drawing.
- Sections : The question paper will contain 5 sections which are Geometrical Drawing, Freehand Drawing, Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity, Architectural Awareness, and Three Dimensional Perception.
- Duration : The time given to complete AAT 2021 will be 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes.
- Medium : The question paper will be in English.
AAT 2021 Reference Books :
- Preparation Books: Applicants can refer to the following books which are recommended by the conducting authority for the preparation of AAT 2021 :
- Arihant Publications Book – A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch 2018 Entrance Examination (English) by P.K Mishra.
- NATA/ JEE B.Arch. Study Material Kit Paperback by SILICA.
- Keys to Drawing- Strategies and Exercises for Gaining Confidence and Enhancing Your Creativity by Dodson
AAT 2021 Results :
- Results : Results will be declared on the official website for all category applicants based on qualified marks.
- Scorecard : The result will be displayed in the form of a scorecard for all the applicants who have qualified.
- Cut-off : The cut-off will be calculated based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination. There are a number of factors related to the entrance examination that will be considered while preparing the AAT 2021 cut-off.
- Note : The applicants who have been qualified in the AAT 2021 will be called for the next process for counselling.
AAT 2021 Counselling :
- Counselling : Applicants who have cleared the AAT 2021 will be called for the counselling process.
- JoSAA Counselling (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) manages seat allotment and combined counselling procedure for all the IITs, IIITs, NITs and other Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs).
- Participating Institutes : There will be 97 institutes participating in JoSAA 2021 Counselling. This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs, and 20 Other-GFTIs.
- Seat Matrix : The total number of seats in the IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur for admission through AAT 2021 is listed below :
|S.No.||Categories||IIT Kharagpur||IIT Roorkee|
|8||OBC NCL PwD||–||–|
|Total No. of All India Seats||40||35|