BITSAT 2021: Application , Eligibility, Dates, Pattern, Syllabus
BITSAT 2021 Application Form has been released. The exam will be held by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. This is a university-level entrance exam held every year to offer admissions into various Integrated First Degree Programmes. Admission will be offered to the applicants into B.E, B.Pharm, and M.Sc programs after qualifying for this admission test. Applicants will get admission to the BITS campuses located in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Applicants interested in admission can register for the test by online mode. To know more details about the entrance exam, applicants can go through the information provided in this article of BITSAT 2021.
BITSAT 2021 Exam Dates :
BITSAT Exam dates for various events can be checked by the applicants in the given below table :
|Release of Application Form||23rd February 2021|
|Last date of application submission||29th May 2021|
|Application correction window opens||27th to 31st May 2021|
|Exam center allotment||4th June 2021|
|Exam Slot booking process||11th June 2021|
|Availability of Admit card/Hall ticket||12th June 2021|
|BITSAT 2021 Exam||24th to 30th June 2021|
|Applying for admission (based on 12th scores)||29th June to 25th July 2021|
|Release of Admit list and Wait list||12th June 2021 till exam date|
|Deadline for payment of fee/advance fees||21st August 2021|
|Announcement of admission assignment after Iteration II||9th August 2021|
BITSAT 2021 Application Form :
Check complete details of BITSAT 2021 Application Form below :
- BITSAT 2021 Application Form has been released from 23rd February 2021.
- The Application forms can be filled by the applicants through online mode.
- The last date to submit the application form is till 29th May 2021.
- In case applicants want to make modifications to the details of the application, the corrections can be made from the 27th to 31st May 2021.
- The complete application process will include certain steps – Online Registration, Filling the Application form, Uploading of Photograph and Signature, and making payment of application fee.
- The authority will also provide an application correction facility through online mode.
- Applicants applying as International applicants have to follow the same application procedure to get registered.
Application Fee :
- The application fee of BITSAT 2021 for various categories is given below :
- For Male applicants – Rs.3300
- For Female applicants fee – Rs.2800
- For Applicants opting Dubai as exam center – Rs.6300 (US$90)
Mode of Payment: The application Fee can be paid by the applicants via credit/debit card or net banking.
Also Read: WBJEE 2021
BITSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria :
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria is given below for various offered courses. Applicants must check whether they are eligible or not before applying for the test :
For First degree program except for B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Applicant must have passed their 10+2 level or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying applicants must have passed their 10+2 level exams with the main subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Also, he/she must possess adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Applicants must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in the 12th level exams in 2021 can apply and those who have passed their 12th in 2019 are also eligible for BITSAT.
For Admission into B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Applying applicants must have passed their 12th level exams or their equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: He/she must have passed their 12th level exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main subjects. Also, he/she must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Applicants must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
First rank applicants from all central and state boards in the year 2021, will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2021 score.
BITSAT 2021 Exam Pattern :
Check below the complete BITSAT Exam Pattern, before starting your exam preparation :
- Exam Mode and Date: BITSAT 2021 entrance test will be conducted in online CBT mode on 24th to 30th June 2021.
- Number of Papers: The question paper will contain four sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Logical reasoning and English proficiency.
- Number and Type of Questions: A total of 150 multiple choice questions will be there in the paper.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in the English language.
- Time Duration: The time duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
In the below table, check the section-wise distribution of questions :
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions|
BITSAT 2021 Syllabus :
According to the BITSAT Syllabus, applicants can prefer the NCERT Syllabus of 11th and 12th standard to prepare for various topics. The syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning.
Topics included in the syllabus of BITSAT 2021 are given below in details for various subjects :
- Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, atomic structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, etc.
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Analogy, Reading Comprehension, and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic ETC. Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Perception, Figure Matrix, Paper Cutting, Rule Detection, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Linear Programming, etc.
Also Check out: SAAT 2021
BITSAT 2021 Preparation Tips:
To score good marks and rank in BITSAT 2021, applicants can follow the below-given preparation tips :
- Make short notes covering all important points and concepts.
- Solve past exam papers and sample papers.
- Check the BITSAT 2021 Syllabus online before starting the exam preparation.
- Follow the test series and analyze each test.
- Whatever applicants are not getting, focus more on that part and prepare accordingly.
BITSAT 2021 Slot Booking:
After the completion of the application process, BITSAT 2021 Slot booking process will get started from 4th to 11th June 2021.
To book exam slots, a direct online link will be provided on the website. Applicants will be able to choose test dates and times between the provided timing and dates. Applicants have to enter their application number, date of birth, gender, email id, and other required details to book exam slots.
BITSAT 2021 Admit Card :
BITSAT 2021 Admit Card will be released online from 12th June 2021 till the exam date after the successful slot booking process. To download the admit card, applicants have to enter their email id, username, application number, and password.
Applicants must check all the details present in the admit card to be true and correct. In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, contact the officials to get the problem rectified before the last date. Also, applicants must take a valid id proof with the admit card to get entry into the exam center.
BITSAT 2021 Result :
The result of BITSAT 2021 will be announced on the next day of the test day. Applicants will be able to check their results by entering their login credentials.
BITSAT 2021 Result will be announced by releasing the total number of correct and wrong answers along with the scores. Each of the participating institutions will release separate cut-off marks according to the opted stream and category of the applicants.
BITSAT 2021 Admission :
BITSAT 2021 Counselling Procedure (Admission Form filling) will start from 23rd February to 29th May 2021. Applicants clearing the BITSAT 2021 exam have to apply in various BITS campuses by giving details of class 12th marks and choice of program.
There will be two lists prepared for the admission procedure. One list will be prepared for all programs (except B.Pharm) and the other list will be only for B.Pharm.
Admit list and waitlist will be released online including names of the qualified applicants. The admit list will include names of applicants who have scored the cut-off marks and are selected for counseling. Admission decisions (Iteration 1 results) will be announced on the 1st week of 2021.
While the waitlist will include names of applicants who are selected but will be called for the counseling process in case seats remain vacant after the admission round.
If you have any query regarding BITSAT 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.