BCECE 2021 Notification and Dates
The BCECE 2021 entrance exam will be conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB). The exam is done annually for providing admission into various courses in the fields of medical, agriculture, and engineering/technology. Through the BCECE exam, applicants will be eligible to take admission into these courses offered by colleges/universities in Bihar.
Applicants need to fulfill the eligibility criteria before they consider applying for the BCECE exam. For complete details on the BCECE 2021 Examination, applicants are recommended to go through the complete article. This article features – Eligibility criteria, Application form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
BCECE 2021 Latest Notification
According to the latest notification released by BCECEB, the application form is available from 20th February 2021. Applicants can apply till 18th March 2021, 11.59 PM.
Also See: UPSEE 2021 Entrance Exam
BCECE 2021 Exam Dates
Applicants can prepare for the BCECE 2021 Exam keeping in mind the expected dates mentioned below. The exact dates have been updated based on the latest official notification :
|Beginning of online registration||2nd week of February|
|Last date to register||3rd week of March|
|Online application form editing||4th week of March|
|Issue of admit card||End of the March|
|Date of exam||2nd Week of April|
|Result announcement||May 2021|
BCECE (LE) 2021- Lateral Entry :
|Beginning of online registration||3rd week of May 2021|
|Last date to register||2nd week of June 2021|
|Online application form editing||2nd week of June 2021|
|Issue of admit card||3rd week of June 2021|
|Date of exam||1st week of July 2021|
|Result announcement||July 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for BCECE 2021
Nationality: Only Indian citizens can apply for the BCECE Examination 2021.
- For Pharmacy: A applicants must have passed class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology and have obtained a minimum of 45% marks (40% for applicants from reserved categories).
- For Engineering/Technology: A applicant must have passed class 12th with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/ Technical vocational subjects and have scored a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for applicants from reserved categories).
- For Medical: A applicant must have passed class 12th or its equivalent with PCM and English. The applicants must have completed 17 years of age as of 31st December 2021.
Note: Applicants appearing in class 12th are also eligible to apply for the BCECE 2021 Examination.
For BCECE 2021 (LE) – Lateral Entry
- An applicant should have passed a diploma course with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology.
- An applicant should hold a B.Sc. degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category) and have passed class 12th with Mathematics as a subject.
Note: Applicants belonging to B.Sc. Stream should clear the subjects Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First-year Engineering Programme along with the second year subjects.
Also See: NEET 2021 Notification
BCECE 2021 Application Form
To apply for the BCECE 2021 Exam, applicants need to register themselves by visiting the official website i.e. https://bceceboard.bihar.gov.in Applicants will receive an activation code in their registered Email ID. On clicking the code, their account will be activated. With the help of the login credential, applicants can fill the application form. The form must be filled very carefully. Applicants should also keep a scanned copy of the signature & photograph handy. Before proceeding with the payment section, applicants must ensure to check the particulars entered in the form. Once, the form is reviewed, applicants can move towards the application fee payment. Here it is important to note that the applications received without the payment will be rejected by the authorities.
|PCM/ CBA/PCA/PCB/MBA/MCA||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-|
|PCMB||Rs. 1100/-||Rs. 550/-|
The application fee can be paid via online mode i.e. debit card/credit card/net banking or through NEFT Challan.
Note: For BCECE (LE) 2021, applicants need to pay Rs. 2200/- via online or NEFT Challan.
Also See: CMAT 2021 Notification
BCECE 2021 Exam Pattern
Applicants should know the exam pattern before starting their preparation. Here’s the pattern for the BCECE exam that applicants need to be aware of.
- Exam Mode: Pen and Paper Based
- Language: Hindi and English
- Duration: 90 Minutes for each subject
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Marking Scheme: +4 marks will be given for each right answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
BCECE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for the BCECE exam will be based on the level of class 11th and 12th. Here are the key topics to be covered:
- Physics: Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Physical world and measurement, Properties of Bulk Matter, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body, Electronic Devices, Work, Energy and Power, Heat and Thermodynamics, Atoms and Nuclei, Communication Systems, etc
- Chemistry: Redox Reactions, s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Some basic concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, p-Block Elements, d- and f-Block Elements, Chemistry in Everyday life, Organic compounds containing Nitrogen, Polymers, Biomolecules, etc
- Mathematics: Calculus, Sets, and Functions Co-Ordinate Geometry, Linear Programming, Algebra, Mathematical Reasoning, Vectors, and Three Dimensional Geometry, etc
- Biology: Structural Organization In Animals And Plants, Diversity In Living World, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Biology, And Human Welfare, Genetics And Evolution, Ecology & Environment, etc
- Agriculture: Plant Breeding and Genetics, Introductory Agriculture and Agrometeorology, Animal Husbandry, Cropping system, Dairy and Fish Production, Soil and water management, Extension education, Basic Horticulture, etc
Preparation Strategy for BCECE
The exam time can be quite stressful for applicants but with the right guidance, applicants can easily crack the exam. Here are some useful tips for applicants that will help them in securing good marks in the BCECE exam:
- Prepare a practical timetable that can be followed easily.
- Stop wasting unnecessary time on social media.
- Make short notes while studying.
- Practice previous year papers and solve as many as mock papers as you can.
- Revise the topics you’ve studied at the end of the day.
- Practice yoga and meditation to ease your mind.
- Consume a healthy diet and avoid skipping meals.
Recommended Books for BCECE 2021:
Applicants can prepare for the exam using these reference books :
- Previous year papers by Arihant Publications
- NCERTs for PCMB.
- Bihar Polytechnic BCECE by Arihant Publications
- Verma, Objective Physics by Dinesh
- Tandon (Physical and Inorganic Chemistry), Arihant Publication (Organic Chemistry)
- Aggarwal, S.L. Loney
- Objective Biology by Dinesh, Biology by Pradeep publications.
BCECE 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for BCECE 2021 Exam can be downloaded from the official website of BCECE i.e. The admit card has to be printed, and a copy for the same should be retained for future use. Applicants need to paste a photograph (same as on the application form) on the admit card. In case, an applicant spots a discrepancy in the admits card, he/she should contact the authorities immediately. Applicants should also keep in mind to carry the admit card to the exam center as without it the entry to the exam hall will be denied.
BCECE Result 2021
The result for BCECE 2021 will be displayed on the official website. Applicants can check their scores by login into the website using their registration number/roll number. The result will be published in form of a merit list. Only those applicants will be allowed for the counseling whose name/roll number appears in the merit list.
BCECE 2021 Counselling
The authorities would publish the notice for counseling required on its website. Applicants should keep tabs on the website for the latest updates. During the counseling, applicants will be asked to fill in their preferences for colleges and courses. The seat allotment is based upon the rank achieved, and not the marks obtained. Applicants will undergo document verification and physical fitness test before the final admission.