Chandigarh University CUCET 2021 Notification
Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) 2021 registrations will start from the 2nd week of March 2021. The last date to fill the online CUCET 2021 application form is the 3rd week of April 2021. The university will conduct the CUCET 2021 on the 3rd week of May. The CUCET 2021 result will be declared tentatively on May 4th week.
What is CUCET 2021?
CUCET is a University-based entrance test conducted by Chandigarh University(CU), online. The exam is mandatory for admission to different undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the university in streams like engineering and management. CU’s Common Entrance Test also offers scholarships for all its Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.
CUCET 2021 will offer up to 100% scholarships for applicants to study in futuristic courses of their choice at North India’s central educational hub. The amount of scholarship will be determined based on merit. The merit list is prepared by the varsity basis marks scored by applicants in CUCET (60% weightage) as well as graduation/ Class XII (40% weightage) exam.
Also See: UPSEE 2021 Entrance Exam
Eligibility for CUCET 2021
Applicants aspiring for admission to the Chandigarh Unversity are required to fulfill all the eligibility conditions before filling CUCET 2021 application form. The prescribed eligibility for undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) courses are as follows:
Eligibility for UG courses
- Applicant must have secured 50 percent or more marks in their secondary Education (10+2) from a recognized Board (CBSE/PSEB/ICSE or any other recognized State/National Board).
- Applicants appearing for secondary education (10+2) in 2021 are also eligible to apply for the CUCET 2021.
Eligibility for PG courses
- Applicants looking for admission to postgraduate (PG) courses are required to have scored 50 percent or more marks in their graduation.
- Applicants must have passed their graduation from the UGC recognized University.
Also See: CMAT 2021 Notification
CUCET 2021 Admission Process
There are two modes of applying for the CUCET 2021. An applicant has the option to apply either Online or Offline, as per their convenience. Applicants can check the process for both the bodes below :
CUCET 2021 Online application and admission process:
Step 1: Create Account for CUCET 2021
Primarily, applicants need to create an account on the official website of the varsity by entering details such as name, contact number, email ID, and date of birth.
Once, the account is created, a username and password will be generated that applicants can use for filling the application form.
Step 2: Fill CUCET 2021 Application Form:
For CUCET 2021 registrations, applicants need to log in to their account by entering their username and password. Thereafter, applicants need to fill in as well as submit the application form in the online mode on the official website of the varsity. Applicants also need to deposit the CUCET application fee in the online mode.
Note: At the time of filling the CUCET 2021 application form, applicants can choose the exam date and timing as per their choice.
Step 3: Download Chandigarh CUCET 2021 Admit Card:
Next, applicants need to select their test center online and download the admit card from the official website of Chandigarh University. Once downloaded, applicants need to take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the CUCET exam center.
Exam Centre: Since CUCET 2021 is conducted in computer-based mode, applicants can select their test center online after they successfully register for the exam. The details of the allotted CUCET 2021 exam center will be emailed to applicants, informs the official website.
Step 4: Appear for CUCET Exam:
Applicants can appear for CUCET 2021 exam in the online mode as per their chosen date and time. The admission cum scholarship exam is a two-hour test and contains 90 objective questions.
Step 5: Check Chandigarh University CUCET 2021 Result:
After the exam is conducted, Chandigarh University will release the CUCET 2021 result. All applicants clearing the exam with a minimum of 60% marks will then be eligible for admission as well as scholarship in their respective courses. It may be noted that applicants whose names appear in the merit list will be intimated through email, which informs the official website.
Step 6: Payment of fee:
Qualified applicants of CUCET have to pay 30 percent of the total fee within 15 days of the result declaration to avail the scholarship benefits.
Also See: NEET 2021 Notification
CUCET 2021 Application Form
CUCET 2021 Offline application:
Applicants applying offline have to follow the below-mentioned steps :
- Applicants will be required to purchase the CUCET brochure cum form from University admission offices/authorized centers by paying Rs 1000.
- Applicants filing the form offline also required to register at http://cucet.cuchd.in.
- Applicants are required to fill the unique number given on the CUCET 2021 offline application form while registering themselves on the official website.
- The admission process following the above step is similar to that of online mode.
CUCET Exam Day Guidelines:
- On the exam day of CUCET 2021, applicants are required to follow the guidelines listed below :
- The applicants appearing for the CUCET exam, need to report at their selected examination center on the allotted date and time.
- All applicants must carry their CUCET 2021 admit cards sent on their registered Email IDs.
- During the exam, applicants may ask for extra sheets or papers for rough work or calculations.
Important FAQ’s regarding the CUCET Exam
- How can I register for CUCET?
- Please visit the website http://cucet.cuchd.in to register your profile. Once you get registered you need to pay ₹1000/-.
- Is the CUCET examination conducted both online or offline mode?
- No, the CUCET examination is conducted in online mode only. An applicant can opt for an online center or can appear using a laptop / PC with a camera. For more details visit http://cucet.cuchd.in
- Can I get an examination center of my choice?
- Yes, you can choose the test city of your choice from the available list of test cities in the online application form. The test cities are allotted to applicants on a first come first serve basis.
- What will happen in case there is some problem with the computer during the CUCET online test?
- In such cases of computer system failure or any other related problems, the applicants should intimate the examination invigilator. However, there will be enough buffer systems available at the examination center to take care of such problems. Moreover, the time lost in changing of systems will be duly counted and compensated as every second will be recorded by the examination server.
- Who should I contact for details regarding CUCET?
- You can contact the Admission cell of Chandigarh University through the Toll-Free number – 1800-1212-88800 or the Email ID provided on the website – http://cucet.cuchd.in.