GATE Exam 2021 Notification
GATE 2021 exam schedule has been released on the official site of GATE (gate.iitd.ac.in). You can check the GATE exam date, day and exam timings for the various branches below. We have also provided below the direct link to check the complete GATE 2021 exam schedule below.
IIT Delhi recently has released the GATE response sheet 2021 of all exams at the official site. Applicants can download the responses of the questions from the direct official link below.
Check out other important dates, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card download info, exam city correction, application form, fee, registration dates, & eligibility. Practice question papers, and free mock test series for GATE 2021 preparation at Gradeup.
What is GATE Exam?
The full form of the GATE Exam is ‘Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering’. GATE is a national level entrance exam (All-India exam) for engineering which is administered in 8 zones (with approximately 200 exam centres) across the nation on account of the National Coordination Board, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Department of Higher Education, and Government of India (GOI).
Every year the IIT/IISc, Bangalore conducts GATE exam to test the aptitude of applicants applied for undergraduate subjects of Engineering, Technology or Architecture, and PG subjects of Science in an online mode. For GATE 2021, aspirants can apply for only one of the 25 papers available as options to get admission in IITs, NITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) in India. A new paper in GATE 2021 which is Biomedical has been added this year.
Why GATE 2021?
- With the GATE 2021 score, you can get admission in Master of Engineering (M.E.)/Master of Technology (M.Tech) courses and PhD Programs at various IITs, NITs, IIS, GFTIs and other reputed Universities.
- GATE score can be used to apply for prestigious jobs in PSUs, Central Government, GOI Organizations and Private Sector.
- If you pass GATE 2021, you can join state-level or a national-level university/college for pursuing higher studies like M.Tech through GATE. You will be given a scholarship of Rs 12400 for every month until the completion of two years of your course.
- If you pass the GATE exam, your GATE score will remain valid for 3 years for joining in M.Tech.
- For government jobs, your GATE Score will remain valid for the current year.
- GATE 2021-21 will be conducted for 25 subjects and the subject Biomedical has been added recently in the list.
GATE 2021: Important Dates
|GATE 2022 Events||Exam Dates|
|GATE 2022 Notification Release||3rd week of July 2021|
|GATE 2022 Application Form Release||2nd week of September 2021|
|Last Day to Fill GATE 2022 Application Form||1st week of November 2021|
|GATE 2022 Form Correction||2nd to 3rd week of November 2021|
|GATE 2022 Admit Card Release||2nd week of January 2022|
|GATE 2022 Exam Dates||1st to 2nd week of February 2022|
|GATE 2022 Result Declaration||3rd week of March 2022|
Also See: NIFT 2021 Entrance Exam
GATE 2021 Registration (GOAPS)
The GATE online application form has been closed now.
How to Apply Online for GATE
- Register through GOAPS
- Fill up the GATE application form
- Upload the required documents like photograph and signature
- Make the payment of GATE Application Fees
- Click on the Submit button
Documents Required (Indian Applicants)
- Your name, your date of birth, your mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number.
- Residential Address for Communication with an area PIN code.
- Degree scanned with a size under 10-300 kb in pdf format (upload only one page of anyone document)
- For Engineering Degree course completion certificate/provisional certificate/8th Semester mark sheet/7th-semester mark sheet/6th-semester mark sheet/Pre or final year mark sheet in case of integrated degree/AMIE and Completed one section/Provisional Certificate Letter.
- For Science Degree course completion certificate/provisional certificate/4th Semester mark sheet/3rd-semester mark sheet/2nd-semester mark sheet/1st-year mark sheet/Pre-final year mark sheet in case of integrated degree/Provisional Certificate Letter
- College address with a PIN code
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned image of the thumb impression of size 2-150 kb in jpeg/jpg
- Scanned image of your photograph of size 5-200 kb in jpeg/jpg
- Scanned image of your signature of size 5-150 kb in jpeg/jpg
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in size 10-300 kb in pdf
- ID Proof: Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar UID/Driving License/College ID/Employee ID card
Bank details for application fees
|GATE 2021 Application||Fees|
|Male Category (General/OBC)||₹ 1500/-|
|Applicants from Addis Ababa, Dhaka, Colombo & Kathmandu||US$ 50|
|Applicants from Dubai & Singapore||US$ 100|
GATE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants who possess the following criteria are eligible to appear in GATE 2021.
To apply for GATE 2021, a applicant must possess either of the mentioned qualification(s).
- BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma
- B.Sc (Research)/B.S
- Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B. Tech/B. Arch)
- M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent
- Integrated M.E/M.Tech (Post – B.Sc)
- Integrated M.Sc./Integrated B.S-M.S
- Integrated M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)
To apply for GATE 2021, there are no minimum pass percentage criteria defined.
There is no age limit defined to apply for GATE exam.
You should have Indian nationality to apply for GATE 2021. Applicants belonging to Nepal, Bangladesh, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia and the United Arab Emirates are also eligible for GATE 2021 exam.
GATE Exam Pattern 2021
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Marks/Question||Total Marks|
|Technical, Engineering, Mathematics||25||25||1||25|
Note: 1/3 marks will be deducted for the wrong answers i.e (0.33) marks for 1 mark questions and (0.66) marks will be deducted for questions carrying 2 marks. No mark will be deducted for the wrong answer to NAT questions.
New Changes Introduced in GATE 2021
Following are the new changes the authority have made for GATE Exam:
Reservation Quota for EWS Applicants: This year the Government has announced 10% reservation quota for Economically Weaker Section (EWS or GEN-EWS) applicants who want to participate for the GATE 2021-21 exams.
New Paper: A new paper in GATE 2021 which is Biomedical is added. You can check out the official notification for further information.
Exam Centers: Applicants can choose two centres from the same zone while the third centres can’t be picked up from the same zone. The GATE exam will be held in the international cities also, these are: Dubai (UAE), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Kathmandu, (Nepal) and Singapore
Thumb Impression: Applicants are no more required to upload their thumb impression while submitting the GATE online application form.
Virtual Calculator: Applicants will be given the virtual calculator at the time of the GATE exam. Applicants with Scientific Calculators are not allowed to enter the exam hall.
It is important to follow the right study material and books for the GATE preparation. Thus we have compiled the list of GATE books for CSE, CE, ME, EE, and ECE along with their authors to make sure that you prepare from the best GATE books:
GATE ME Books
|Topics||GATE Book Name|
|Heat Transfer||Fundamentals of Engineering Heat and Mass Transfer by R.C. Sachdeva|
|Machine Design||Design of Machine Elements by V Bhandari|
|Engineering Mathematics||Higher Engineering Mathematics by B. S. Grewal|
|Industrial Engineering||Industrial Engineering and Management by O. P. Khanna|
|Thermal Science||Engineering Thermodynamics by P.K. Nag|
GATE CE Books
|Engineering Mathematics||Higher Engineering Mathematics (Edition 43) by B.S. Grewal|
|Strength of Materials||Strength of Materials (Edition 2) by U.C Jindal|
|Design Of Steel Structures||Design Of Steel Structures (Edition 3) by S.K Duggal|
|Highway Engineering||Highway Engineering by S.K.Khanna, C.E.G.Justo|
|Structural Analysis||Basic Structural Analysis (Edition 3) by C.S.Reddy|
|Engineering Hydrology||Engineering Hydrology (Edition 4) by K Subramanya|
|Irrigation Engineering||Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures (Edition 1) by S K Grag|
GATE EE Books
|Power Electronics||Power Electronics (Edition 5) by P.S.Bimbhra|
|Control Systems||Control Systems Engineering (Edition 5) by I.J.Nagrath, M. Gopal|
|Electrical Machines||Electrical Machinery (Edition 7) by P. S. Bimbhra|
|Electromagnetic Fields||Engineering Electromagnetics (Edition 8) by William H Hayt, John A Buck|
GATE CSE Books
|Computer Networks||Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach (Edition 6) by James F. Kurose, Keith W. Ross|
|Databases||Database System Concepts (Edition 6) by Silberschatz, Sudarshan, Korth|
|Algorithms||Introduction to Algorithms (Edition 3) by Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, Clifford Stein|
|Digital Logic||Digital Logic & Computer Design (Edition 1) by M. Morris Mano|
GATE ECE Books
|Analog Circuits||Microelectronic Circuits: Theory and Applications (Edition 6) by Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith|
|Signals & Systems||Signals & Systems (Edition 2) by Alan V. Oppenheim, Alan S.Willsky, S.Hamid Nawab|
|Electromagnetics||Principles of Electromagnetics (Edition 4) by Mathew N.O. Sadiku|
|Control Systems||Automatic Control Systems (Edition 9) by Benjamin C. Kuo|
GATE Admit Card 2021
The GATE organizing authority has issued the GATE 2021 admit card for the applicants on 3rd January 2021. To download your GATE admit card you need GOAPS Enrollment ID and password. Make sure you carry your admit card at the exam hall, without the admit card the entry to the exam hall is strictly prohibited.
GATE Study Material 2021
Applicants who are preparing for GATE 2021 exam should check the best study material in order to improve the score in the exam. Check branch-wise study notes for ME, CE, EE, ECE & CSE.
GATE 2021 Counselling
After qualifying the GATE exam, you have to appear for the Group Discussion/Personal Interview. The GATE Counselling is done separately by the participating institutions. A centralized counselling called CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M. Tech/M. Plan) is conducted to get admission in IIT, NIT, and other government institutes. The IITs conducts their own counselling for the admission in M.Tech course. The other state-level universities conduct their own counselling for the admissions.
For more details take a look at the GATE FAQs.
GATE 2021 Faqs
- Which IIT will conduct GATE 2021?
- IIT Delhi will most expectedly be going to conduct the GATE 2021 exam.
- How should I improve my performance for the GATE 2021 exam?
- How many attempts are there for GATE 2021?
- What is the eligibility for GATE exam?
- How much is the GATE 2019 cut off of general category for computer science engineering?
- What is the age limit for GATE exam?
- How many times the GATE exam is conducted in a year?
- How much CGPA is required for GATE?
- Can I give GATE exam after BCA?
- Is MCA eligible for GATE exam?
- For what GATE exam is conducted?
- Who conducted the Gate exam?
- What is the GATE registration number?
- Can I give GATE in 3rd year?
- Can we give GATE exam in the 3rd year?
- How many times can we write GATE exam?