Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) announces National Entrance Test (TISSNET 2021) for M.A. Admission
TISSNET 2021 – Applications are invited by Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS), Mumbai for admission to full-time (regular) Post-Graduate Degree Master of Arts (M.A.) Programs offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses and other locations for the academic session 2021.
Check complete details on TISSNET 2021 from the page below
Also See: UPSEE 2021 Entrance Exam
Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS)
The college was established in 1936. It is well known for its professional social work education and stand out in the crowd by achieving the position in the top 40 Universities in India. The Programs by TISS Institute are offered at Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Guwahati, and Tuljapur for the academic year 2021-22
The institute offers Masters of Arts (M.A.) Programs equivalent to MBA. In total, TISS offers 55 programs ranging from the social sector to policy making.
TISSNET 2021 Important Dates (Tentative)
- ISSNET 2021 Exam Date Announced 10th October 2021
- TISNET 2021 Registration Begins 15th October 2021
- TISSNET 2021 Registration Ends 13th November 2021
- TISSNET 2021 Admit Card Release Date 18th and 19th December 2021
- TISSNET 2021 MBA Entrance Exam 04th January 2022
Also See: CMAT 2021 Notification
Eligibility Criteria for TISSNET 2021
- Pass Class’ in the Bachelor’s Degree pursued by the applicant will be taken for determining his/her eligibility.
- Applicants who are in the final year of their Bachelor’s Degree Program, but have not passed in all the courses (main/major/subsidiary, etc.) of the first and second years ( if the Degree is of 3 years duration) and first, second and third years (if the Degree is of 4 years duration) on the day of applying for the Program are not eligible to apply for any of the Master’s Degree Programs offered by the Institute
- Applicants who have been declared as failed in the final year exam are not eligible to apply for any of the Master’s Degree Programs of the Institute, unless they pass their Bachelor’s Degree exam on the day of applying for any of the Programs.
- Eligibility, once determined on the basis of the information given by the applicants in the Application Form, shall be final for the purpose of test/interview/selection. However, in case it is found that the information furnished by a applicant is incorrect or misleading or ineligibility being detected before or after the test/interview/selection/admission, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- If a provisionally admitted applicant fails in the final year of his/her Bachelor’s Degree Exam and even if he/she has re-evaluation at the university/college, he/she will not be allowed to continue the Program as the offer of provisional admission stands automatically cancelled on his/her failure in the final year exam
- (Applicable to all Programs except School of Health System Studies Programs)
- Applicants having a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education)from a recognized university are eligible to apply
- At the time of applying applicants studying in 3 year degree program should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and applicants studying in 4 year degree programs should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.
- Only those Applicants who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year Bachelor’s Degree exams by Saturday, June 08, 2021 are eligible to apply to all the Program
- Note For details and information on the application procedure, please visit their official website
- The selection of applicants for different Programs happens in two stages and has three components of assessment. All applicants appear for the National entrance test (TISSNET). Based on the performance in the TISSNET exam, only short-listed applicants are called for the Pre Interview Test and Personal Interview (PIT/PI)
- Marks for Different Components of Assessment
- National Common Written Test* – 100 marks
- Pre-Interview Test/GD – 50 marks
- Personal Interview – 75 marks
- Total – 225 marks
Merit List Preparation
- The weightage for NET, PIT and PI is as follows for the for the preparation of final merit lists for General as well as for Reserved Category applicants. NET – 40%; PIT – 30%; PI – 30%
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of merit and the preferences indicated by the applicants at the time of filling up the online application form (Kindly Indicate your preferences carefully as it has implications for the merit list)
- Based on the merit list for each programme, the list of selected applicants will be put up on the website. Each applicant will also receive his/her score card indicating the marks for each component of the examination process.
Exam Pattern for M.A. Entrance Test
- For TISS NET Computer based National Entrance test (TISS-NET) will be held on 04th January 2021, from 02.00 pm to 03.40 pm in 39 centres located in different parts of the country
- Northern Region (Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi, Greater Noida, Mohali)
- Eastern Region (Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Dimapur, Silchar, Patna)
- Western Region (Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Solapur, Navi-Mumbai, Thane)
- Southern Region (Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Calicut, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode)
- The online test is of objective type and even those with a rudimentary knowledge of working with a computer can take the test
- Duration of Test 01 hour 40 minutes
- In case a applicant desires to do the test on paper, he/she must this indicate this in the application form. The objective test will have questions related to social sensitivity, knowledge on contemporary issues; analytical ability, and logical reasoning
- This year General Awareness will consist of 40 marks, English Proficiency 30 marks, Maths and Logical Reasoning – 30 marks
Also See: NEET 2021 Notification
TISSNET 2021 Application Process
- Applicants are required to apply online through the e-application only, available on the Institute’s website https//admissions.tiss.edu
- Applicants from remote places where no internet and telecommunication facilities are available can get a printed copy of the application form from the Institute
- Applicants have to apply through the online application form only
- Following are the steps involved in filling up the form. After login applicants have to fill in their basic details, academic details and have to mention the Programs they wish to apply for in the order of preference
- Pay the application fee (depending on the number of Program applied) either by depositing cash in any branch of SBI or through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking and Scan and upload a photograph, signature, mark sheet of the last exam passed, and other necessary certificates
- The Application Fees is Rs.1030/- (if being paid by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) or Rs.1000/- plus bank charges (if being paid through bank by cash)
- The applicant has to pay this amount for every program he applies for
- If you have any questions or queries, you can refer to FAQ or call the Admissions Helpline on 022-25525252
- Applicants are required to apply online through the E-application process only.