IBPS PO 2020-2021 – The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS PO Exam every year. The IBPS provides recruitment and training services to a common standard for public sector banks (PSB). The institute conducts a number of bank exams in which IBPS PO is the most common exam. The exam enables the recruitment of probationary officers for all the member PSBs as well as a few public sector insurance companies.
The IBPS PO 2020 will be held by the Institute from 1st August 2020 and the recruitment procedure is still ongoing. Candidates looking forward to the IBPS PO 2021 recruitment and expect it to begin by August 2021.
The IBPS PO notification for officer selection gives an idea about any recent update with respect to the Probationary Officer exam.
IBPS PO 2020-2021 Application process
The application process for IBPS PO is completely online. Candidates can register for the exam from the official website.
The following fees have to be paid by the IBPS PO aspirants for completing their IBPS PO exam online application:
|IBPS PO online application Category||IBPS PO Online Application Fees|
The IBPS PO admit card is issued to candidates who fulfill all the PO eligibility criteria and have paid the registration fees online.
Also See: IBPS Calendar 2020
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern
There are three stages of IBPS PO exam, which are:
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam:
This exam is also known as the CWE PO/MT Prelims, this consists of an online objective test consisting of three sections. Each section will be allotted 20 minutes and the total duration is 1 hour.
The IBPS PO Exam Pattern is given below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern for Prelims- Salient Points
- The total marks for this paper are 100.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer.
- The penalty for each incorrect answer is 1/4th of the marks allotted to that question.
- Based on the result of the prelims, candidates clearing the declared cutoff are invited to appear in the next stage, the Main exam.
IBPS PO Main Exam Pattern:
There will be two types of questions in the IBPS PO Mains Exam. The pattern consists of one objective type and one descriptive paper.
The examination is conducted online for a total duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The IBPS PO Exam Pattern for mains is as follows:
|Paper||Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|Objective Test||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 min|
|English Language||35||40||40 min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 min|
|General Awareness, Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 min|
|Descriptive Test||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 min|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern for Mains- important notice
- The candidate needs to be able to move on to the next stage of the exam, candidates have to score above the bank PO cutoff declared by the institute as well as the sectional cutoffs.
- The marks are not intimated to successful candidates prior to the interview.
The IBPS interview is conducted by the respective banks based on the results of the mains examination. Mostly, the IBPS PO interview lasts for 15-20 minutes and the questions are asked by the panel which consists of bank officials.
The questions can be asked from Current affairs, banking awareness and about the candidates.
The IBPS PO interview is allotted a total of 100 marks.
The supporting documents like educational certificates, identity documents and certificates of achievement are also checked during the Bank PO interview.
IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus
The IBPS PO syllabus can be divided into two parts based on the exam pattern:
- IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus
- IBPS PO Mains Syllabus
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus
The following table gives the breakup of the IBPS PO Prelims syllabus for 2019
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus
The IBPS PO Mains syllabus is somehow similar to the Prelims syllabus except for a few topics.
The main topics covered in the bank PO mains are as follows:
|Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||English Language|
|Simplification||Financial Awareness||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension|
|Percentage||General Knowledge||Circular Seating Arrangement||Grammar|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Linear Equation||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Permutation and Combination||Computer Abbreviation|
|And Probability||Microsoft Office|
|Mixture and Allegations||Computer Hardware|
|Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
IBPS PO 2020 Admit Card
- The IBPS PO Admit Card will be released 15 days before the exam.
- The IBPS PO Mains Admit Card will be sent to the candidates who have passed the first stage of the examination that is preliminary examination.
IBPS PO Result
The IBPS PO Mains result will be released in the first week of January 2021. Candidates can check their result status at the official site of IBPS. the candidates can check their result from the official website. IBPS PO is one of the most competitive examinations in India.
IBPS Cut-off Score
The relevant details related to the IBPS PO cut-off score for the Exam is as follows:
- Each candidate is required to obtain a minimum cut-off score in each test of IBPS Main examination online and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for an interview.
- Depending on the number of vacancies available, IBPS PO cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for IBPS interview.
- Prior to the completion of the IBPS interview process, scores obtained in the online Main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for the interview.
- The IBPS PO cut off marks will be released soon.
IBPS PO Exam Centre
- The important details related to the IBPS PO Exam Centres are as follows:
- The examination will be conducted online in venues across many centers in India.
- The tentative list of Examination centers for the IBPS Online Preliminary examination and those for IBPS Main examination is given in the official notification.
- No request for change of center for Examination shall be entertained.
- IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any center other than the one he/she has opted for.
- The candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Any unruly behavior/misbehavior in the examination hall may result in the cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from this exam and also from future exams conducted by IBPS.